Photographers of Great Britain and Ireland 1840 to 1940
their photographs and their studios
Was your ancestor a photographer? If so, find out more
Want to date your old family photographs?
do try our DIY Photo Dating Wizard unique & guaranteed
Get information from the world’s largest collection of British and Irish carte de visite photographs and related data
Ladies with Hats
Excellent new service for family historians – looking for photographs of your ancestors?
I can help you if you want to
- investigate who might be in your family photograph – click here
- research into photographers or see examples of their work – click here
- obtain images for publication or display – click here
- read interesting biographies of Victorian photographers – click here
- read articles about various aspects of Victorian photography – click here
- sell your old photographs or anything photographic – click here
- I no longer provide studio dates and addresses for dating family photographs as these alone can sometimes be inconclusive. Photograph dating is now provided only via my DIY Photo Dating Wizard or my Custom Dating service – for more information – click here
- I cannot identify the person in your photograph from a photographer’s reference number
- I cannot provide other family photographs taken at the same time as the photograph that you already have.
A charge is made for some of my services to help maintain the archive.
For further information, please contact me.