Research thrives on data, and lots of it.
We are always looking for:
- original Victorian or Edwardian photographs – mainly portraits but some views are of interest
- dated photographs – 1840 to 1940
- date information from trade directories or similar publications
- photographic ephemera such as letters, billheads, advertisements etc.
- prize medals for photography
- photographs of photographers, their studios or their families
- biographical notes about photographers – especially from their descendants.
We are also interested in all of the above relating to Australia or New Zealand as well. Many Victorian photographers emigrated to the Antipodes and a few even came back again.
If you have anything to dispose of please contact us.